Do not order in the absence of a positive/equivocal ELISA screening test. Useful only when ordered during first 4 weeks of clinical symptoms and concurrently with IgG immunoblot.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF or plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050253||B. burgdorferi Antibody IgM Immunoblot||6321-4|
- Lyme Ab
- Lyme Antibodies Detection
- Lyme Antibodies IgM/IgG by Western Blot
- Lyme Disease
- Lyme Disease by PCR