- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of West Nile virus IgM antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to West Nile virus detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
The detection of antibodies to West Nile virus in cerebrospinal fluid may indicate central nervous system infection. However, consideration must be given to possible contamination by blood or transfer of serum antibodies across the blood-brain barrier.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050239||West Nile Virus Antibody IgM CSF|
- Mosquito Borne Encephalitis
- Viral Encephalitis