- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Tissue or urine. Contaminated, grossly hemolyzed, or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
17.9 U/mL or less: Not Detected
18.0-21.9 U/mL: Indeterminate. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
22.0 U/mL or greater: Detected
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050235||EBV Antibody to Viral Capsid Antigen IgG||5157-3|
- EBV Ab and VCA IgG Ab
- EBV Antibodies
- EBV Antibody to Viral Capsid Antigen
- EBV VCA
- EBV VCA-IgG Ab
- Infectious Mononucleosis