West Nile Virus Antibodies, IgG and IgM by ELISA, Serum
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050234||West Nile Virus Antibody, IgG by ELISA, Serum||1.29 IV or less: Negative-No significant level of West Nile virus IgG antibody detected.|
1.30-1.49 IV: Equivocal-Questionable presence of West Nile virus IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.50 IV or greater: Positive-Presence of IgG antibody to West Nile virus detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|0050236||West Nile Virus Antibody, IgM by ELISA, Serum||0.89 IV or less: Negative-No significant level of West Nile virus IgM antibody detected.|
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal-Questionable presence of West Nile virus IgM antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive-Presence of IgM antibody to West Nile virus detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
Refer to individual components for additional interpretive data.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050234||West Nile Virus Ab, IgG, Ser|
|0050236||West Nile Virus Ab, IgM, Ser|
- Mosquito Borne Encephalitis
- Viral Encephalitis