- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimen plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Tissue or urine. Contaminated, grossly hemolyzed, or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
8.9 U/mL or less: Not Detected
9.0-10.9 U/mL: Indeterminate - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
11.0 U/mL or greater: Detected
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050225||EBV Antibody to Early (D) Antigen IgG||50969-5|
- EA-D IgG Ab
- EAD Ab
- EBNA Antibody
- EBNA to EA-D
- EBV Antibody to Early D Antigen
- EBV Nuclear Antibody