Confirm current or recent infection with group A Streptococcus in patients suspected of having a nonsuppurative complication such as acute glomerulonephritis (AGN) or acute rheumatic fever (ARF). DNase-B (0050220) and streptolysin O (ASO) (0050095) antibody tests are generally ordered concurrently. Preferred test for rheumatic chorea since it remains elevated longer.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or severely hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
7-17 years: Less than 310 U/mL
18 years and older: Less than 260 U/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050220||DNAse B Antibody||14207-5|
- DNase-B, Anti
- ADB (Antideoxyribonuclease B)
- Anti-Dnase B
- Anti-DNase-B Antibody
- Antideoxyribonuclease B (ADB)
- DNA Streptococcal Antibody
- Serum Dnase-B Antibody
- Streptococcal Antibodies, Serum