First-line serologic screening test for suspected Lyme disease. Positive or equivocal results must be confirmed with a Western blot.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|These reference intervals are to be used in the interpretation of Borrelia burgdorferi Total Antibodies, IgG and/or IgM by ELISA result|
|0.99 LIV or less||Negative - Antibody to Borrelia burgdorferi not detected.|
|1.00-1.20 LIV||Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.|
|1.21 LIV or greater||Positive - Probable presence of antibody to Borrelia burgdorferi detected.|
a) Negative - no further testing is done;
b) Positive or equivocal - Western blot testing will be performed on the original sample upon receiving a request. Sample will be held for 30 days only.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050216||Borrelia burgdorferi Abs, Total by ELISA||5060-9|
- Lyme Antibodies Detection
- Lyme Disease
- Lyme Disease Ab ELISA