Secondary screening for SLE based on ANA results.
Qualitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective August 20, 2012
| ||Double-Stranded DNA (dsDNA) Antibody, IgG by ELISA
||Double-Stranded DNA (dsDNA) Antibody, IgG by IFA (using Crithidia luciliae)
||Less than 1:10
Positivity for anti-double stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) IgG antibody is a diagnostic criterion of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Specimens are initially screened by enzyme-linked immunosorbent test (ELISA). All ELISA results reported as "detected" (positive) are confirmed by a highly specific IFA titer (Crithidia luciliae indirect fluorescent test [CLIFT]). Some patients with early or inactive SLE may be positive for anti-dsDNA IgG by ELISA but negative by CLIFT. If the patient is negative by CLIFT but positive by ELISA and clinical suspicion remains, consider antinuclear antibody (ANA) testing by IFA. Additional information and recommendations for testing may be found at http://www.arupconsult.com/Topics/AutoimmuneDz/ConnectiveTissueDz/index.html.
If dsDNA IgG antibody is detected, the result will be confirmed by Double-Stranded DNA (dsDNA) Antibody, IgG by IFA (using Crithidia luciliae). Additional charges apply.
86225; if reflexed, add 86256
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050215||Double-Stranded DNA (dsDNA) Ab IgG ELISA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Anti-dsDNA Antibody
- Anti-Native DNA
- Antibody to ds-DNA
- Crithidia luciliae
- DNA ds Ab
- Double stranded DNA antibody
- ds DNA Ab
- ds-DNA IgG
- dsDNA reflex
- dsDNA reflex panel
- Native double-stranded DNA antibody