- Patient Preparation
- Fasting specimen preferred.
- Whole blood drawn in a pre-warmed (37°C) syringe. Specimen may be drawn directly into a pre-warmed lt. blue (sodium citrate) or black (sodium citrate).
- Specimen Preparation
- Maintain whole blood at 37°C from collection to transport; do not refrigerate or freeze at any time. Immediately after blood has been obtained, transfer specimen to a pre-warmed blue (sodium citrate) or black (sodium citrate) (if not used for collection). Separate plasma from cells using a 37°C centrifuge, if possible. Transfer 3 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized plasma. Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Proper collection and transport of specimen is critical to the outcome of the assay. Quantities less than 3 mL may affect the sensitivity of the assay.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Cryofibrinogen, Qualitative, Plasma