- Patient Preparation
- Fasting specimen required.
- Plain red tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- 1) Draw approximately 7 mL of blood into a pre-warmed (37°C) plain red tube. Alternatively: draw into a pre-warmed (37°C) syringe and immediately transfer blood to a pre-warmed (37°C) plain red tube. 2) Maintain collected blood at 37°C until clotting is complete. 3) Separate serum from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 3 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL) See Remarks.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Serum separator tubes (SST or clot-activating tubes). Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Proper collection and transport of specimen is critical to the outcome of the test. Submitting quantities less than 3 mL may affect the sensitivity of the test.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Qualitative cryoglobulin