- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube OR CSF.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum OR CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1.0-1.4 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of Coccidioides IgM antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.5 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Coccidioides detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050178||Coccidioides Antibody, IgM by ELISA||33510-9|
- Cocci IgM
- Coccidioides IgM antibody
- San Joaquin Fever antibodies
- Valley fever antibodies