This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Body fluids.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
A positive result may suggest active or recent infection. The test is positive in about 80% of cases. Cross-reactions occur, especially with histoplasmosis. A negative test (none detected) does not exclude blastomycosis.
This test uses a partially purified "A" antigen of Blastomyces dermatitidis.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050172||Blastomyces dermatitidis Abs, Precipitin|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blastomyces Antibody by Immunodiffusion, Serum
- Blastomyces Precipitin
- Immunodiffusion Serology for Fungi