This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Body fluid.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
In general, immunodiffusion measures IgG and a positive result may suggest past infection. The test is positive in about 90% of sera from patients with aspergilloma and 50-70% of patients with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. A negative test (none detected) does not exclude aspergillosis.
This test uses culture filtrates of Aspergillus fumigatus, Aspergillus flavus, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus terreus.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050171||Aspergillus spp. Abs, Precipitin|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Aspergillus Precipitin (Aspergillus Antibody by ID)