- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for one hour at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.3 mL) Plasma is not recommended.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Specimens left to clot at refrigerated temperature.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050156||Complement Component 5|