Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 is low or absent and AH50 is normal and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for one hour at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Specimens left to clot at refrigerated temperature.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050148||Complement Component 2||4484-2|
- C2 Antigen
- C2 Level
- Classical Pathway - Complement
- complement classical pathway
- Second componenet of complement