Recommended serology test to detect recent infection from Brucella in the context of a clinically compatible illness and exposure history.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 6 months (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050135||Brucella Ab (Total) by Agglutination||19053-8|
- Brucella Serology
- Brucella Total Antibody Agglutination, Serum
- Febrile Agglutinins