Semi-Quantitative Complement Fixation
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than 40 percent of patients have positive tests when active disease is present. Frequent cross-reactions occur in patients with histoplasmosis or coccidioidomycosis. Paired sera may detect rise in titer to single antigen.
Negative fungal serology does not rule out the possibility of current infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050130||Blastomyces Antibody by CF|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.