- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050094||Bartonella quintana Antibody, IgG by IFA||< 1:64 Negative - No significant level of Bartonella quintana IgG antibody detected.|
1:64-1:128 Equivocal - Questionable presence of Bartonella quintana IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
≥1:256 Positive - Presence of IgG antibody to Bartonella quintana detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|0050093||Bartonella quintana Antibody, IgM by IFA||< 1:16 Negative - No significant level of Bartonella quintana IgM antibody detected.|
≥ 1:16 Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Bartonella quintana detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050093||Bartonella quintana Antibody, IgM|
|0050094||Bartonella quintana Antibody, IgG|
- Trench Fever (Bartonella quintana Antibodies, IgG & IgM by IFA)