Semi-Quantitative Complement Fixation/Qualitative Immunodiffusion
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|0050100||Aspergillus Antibody by CF
||Less than 1:8
|0050171||Aspergillus spp. Antibodies by Immunodiffusion
Refer to individual components.
Negative fungal serology does not rule out the possibility of current infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050100||Aspergillus Antibody by CF|
|0050171||Aspergillus spp. Abs, Precipitin|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.