May assist in confirming an early or recent Bartonella henselae infection.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
≥ 1:16 Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Bartonella henselae detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050092||Bartonella henselae Antibody IgM||6955-9|
- Bartonella henselae Abs, IgG/IgM
- Cat Scratch Disease Ab Panel, IFA, Serum