- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, grossly hemolyzed, heat-inactivated, severely lipemic specimens or inclusion of fibrin clots.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Anti-Nuclear Antibodies (ANA), IgG by ELISA||None Detected|
|0050639||Nuclear Antibody (ANA) by IFA, IgG||<1:40|
ARUP uses anti-human IgG conjugate since many (20-77 percent) healthy individuals have low levels (1:40 to 1:80) of ANA-IgM. Conversion of ANAs from IgM to IgG generally precedes the onset of autoimmune disease states. If clinical presentation is inconsistent with the ANA IFA result, consult ARUP for alternative testing.
If ANA are Detected by ELISA, then ANA by IFA titer will be added. Additional charges apply.
If ANA antibodies are detected by ELISA, then an IFA titer will be added. Additional charges apply
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050080||Anti-Nuclear Ab (ANA), IgG by ELISA|
- ANA Screen
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) (Anti-Nuclear Antibodies (ANA), IgG by ELISA with Reflex to ANA