- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.80-1.19 IV: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.20 IV or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to E. histolytica detected, suggestive of a current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050070||E. histolytica (amebiasis), Ab, IgG|
- Amebiasis histolytica Antibody
- E histolytica IgG Antibody
- E. histolytica Antibody
- Ova and Parasite Exam