- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Ship Sunday-Thursday only. Specimen must be received within 24 hours of collection; testing must be performed within 48 hours of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens from infants under 6 months of age; test results are unreliable.
- Ambient: 48 hours
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0049080||Heinz Body Stain, Direct||716-1|
|0049085||Heinz Body Stain, Induced||33057-1|
- Heinz-Erlich bodies
- Unstable Hemoglobin