- Patient Preparation
- Plain red AND lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transport 3 mL serum AND 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1.5 mL serum AND 1 mL whole blood).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Specimens should be received within 24 hours of collection and testing must be performed within 48 hours of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum specimens that have not been separated from the cells within 2 hours of collection.
- Indicate patient's blood type on test request form.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0049010||Acid Hemolysin (Ham Test)|
- Congenital Dyserythropoietic Anemia Type II