Predicts response to anti-EGFR and MAPK pathway therapies in a variety of malignancies (eg, colorectal and lung cancer).
Assay: Mon, Wed, Fri
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer). Frozen specimens. Decalcified specimens. Less than 25 percent tumor.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0040249||KRAS Mutation Detection||21702-6|
- anti-EGFR therapy resistance testing
- Cetuximab (Erbitux)
- Codon 12,13
- Codon 61
- KRAS codons 12, 13, 61
- Panitumumab (Vectibix)