- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL) Specimen and completed test request form, including clinical indication, must be received within 48 hours of collection.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted specimens.
- This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online at www.aruplab.com.
See Compliance Statement C: www.aruplab.com/CS
These studies involve culturing of living cells; therefore, turnaround times given represent average times which are subject to multiple variables. After specimen receipt, results are generally available in an average of 4 days.
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled, at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0040209||Aneuploidy Panel by FISH|
|2002194||EER Aneuploidy Panel by FISH|
- Common Trisomy FISH panel
- Newborn FISH panel