- Patient Preparation
- Thaw media prior to collection. Chorionic villus in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium (ARUP Supply #32788). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- DO NOT FREEZE. Do not place in formalin. Transport chorionic villus (CVS) specimen in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens preserved in formalin.
- This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement C: www.aruplab.com/CS
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online.
This test must be ordered using a Cytogenetic test request form 43097 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History Form - Chromosome Studies with the Electronic Packing List. The form is available on ARUP's Web site, http://www.aruplab.com/patienthistory
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0040204||Chorionic Villus, FISH|
|2002193||EER Chorionic Villus, FISH|
- Common trisomy FISH panel
- CVS FISH
- prenatal FISH