Initial test for prognostication of CN-AML.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA) OR tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole blood: Transport 5 mL. (Min: 1 mL) OR Bone marrow: Transport 3 mL. (Min: 1 mL) OR FFPE tumor tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or four 10-micron shavings. Tissue block will be returned after testing. Transport block(s) and/or shavings in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Refrigerated. FFPE tumor tissue: Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Frozen specimens. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens. FFPE tumor tissue: Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5) or tissue sections on slides. Decalcified specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- CN-AML prognostication
- NPM1 exon 12