- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport four 10-micron shavings. Also acceptable: Tissue block; will be returned after testing. Transport block(s) and/or shavings in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- No tumor in tissue. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens. Tissue on slides.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0040119||SS18-SSX t(X;18) results|
- SYT-SSX fusion
- SYT-SSX t(X;18) Translocation by RT-PCR