Semi-Quantitative Acid Elution Eosin Stain/Microscopy
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens collected after Rh immunoglobulin administered. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Volume (mL) of fetomaternal hemorrhage (assuming a maternal blood volume of 5 liters) = percent fetal rbcs x50.
The quantitation of fetomaternal hemorrhage by this method is inherently imprecise. Therefore, it is important to provide a safety margin when calculating the dose of RhIG.
This test should be ordered on pregnant or post-partum women who need to be assessed for RhoGAM® or fetal-maternal bleeds. For routine fetal hemoglobin (Hb F) testing, please order Hemoglobin Evaluation with Reflex to Electrophoresis and/or HPLC (0050610).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Fetal Hemoglobin, Semi-Quantitative