Patient History for Platelet Aggregation Studies
- Patient Preparation
- Fast from midnight until specimen is drawn in a.m.
- Hemostasis/Thrombosis laboratory must be called at (801) 583-2787 extension 2151 to schedule testing before sample is drawn. Lt. blue (sodium citrate) AND lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 45 mL whole blood (sodium citrate) AND 5 mL whole blood (EDTA). Specimen must be received within one hour of draw.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL AMBIENT.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected at ARUP (500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT). Specimens that have been centrifuged or refrigerated.
- Include list of current medications and most recent platelet count.
- Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0030001||Platelet Aggregation Studies, Additional|
|0030005||Platelet Aggregation Studies, ADP|
|0030020||Platelet Aggregation Studies, AA|
|0030045||Platelet Aggregation Studies, Collagen|
|0030255||Platelet Aggregation Studies, Ristocetin|
- Platelet function assay