Fibrin/Fibrinogen Degradation Split Products
This test is NOT recommended for fibrin degradation product (FDP) testing or for evaluating coagulopathies (eg, disseminated intravascular coagulation). For FDP testing, the plasma FDP test (2006491), not the serum test, is recommended. For evaluating coagulopathies, D-Dimer (0030057) is the preferred test.
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Whole blood drawn into tube with Thrombin/Soybean trypsin inhibitor. (ARUP supply #16496) Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Specimens not collected in Thrombin/Soybean trypsin inhibitor or that have not clotted.
- Plasma test (ARUP test code 2006491) is equivalent but does not need a special tube for collection.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation)
Some hemolysis of the specimen may be seen. This will not affect the ability of Thrombo-Wellco test to detect FDP in the specimen, and will not lead to false-positive results.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0030140||Fibrin Degradation Products|
- Fibrinogen Degradation Products (FDP), Plasma