- Patient Preparation
- Whole blood drawn into tube with Thrombin/Soybean trypsin inhibitor. (ARUP supply #16496) Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Specimens not collected in Thrombin/Soybean trypsin inhibitor or that have not clotted.
- Plasma test (ARUP test code 2006491) is equivalent but does not need a special tube for collection.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0030140||Fibrin Degradation Products|
- Fibrinogen Degradation Products (FDP), Plasma