- Patient Preparation
- Lt. blue (sodium citrate). Refer to Specimen Handling at aruplab.com for hemostasis/thrombosis specimen handling guidelines.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL platelet-poor plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens. Serum or EDTA plasma.
- Ambient: 3 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
ADAMTS13 levels of less than 5% may be associated with either inherited (Upshaw-Schulman Syndrome) or acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP).
A variety of medical conditions may result in a mild to moderate deficiency of ADAMTS13 activity. Recent plasma exchange therapy may raise the observed ADAMTS13 activity.
The monoclonal anti-ADAMTS13 antibody is directed against the CUB domain; therefore, certain forms of ADAMTS13 (with mutations in the CUB domains) may not be equivalently measured due to reduced binding to the antibody.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- von Willebrand Factor Cleaving Protease