Within 24 hours for rapid assay; 48 hours later for culture
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Throat swabs using a Rayon or Dacron® swab with a plastic shaft.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport two throat swabs, either dry or in a liquid transport system containing Modified Stuart's Medium (e.g., culturette or culturette II).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Calcium alginate swabs or swabs with a wooden shaft. Frozen specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Streptococcus (Group A) Rapid
|Streptococcus (Group A) Culture
If the Streptococcus (Group A) Rapid test is negative, then a culture will be added for confirmation. Additional charges apply.
87880; if reflexed, add 87081
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0028900||Strep Group A, Rapid|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rapid Streptococcus Group A Panel (Streptococcus (Group A) Rapid with Reflex to Culture)