- Patient Preparation
- CSF. Also acceptable: CSF collected in plain red or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any other body fluids.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
The combination of the specific monoclonal antibodies used in the Roche Beta HCG electrochemiluminescent immunoassay recognize the holo-hormone, "nicked" forms of hCG, the beta-core fragment, and the free beta-subunit. Although this assay is FDA cleared for use in the detection of pregnancy, it is not labeled for use as a tumor marker or with CSF specimens. The performance characteristics of this assay were determined by ARUP.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020730||Beta-hCG, CSF Quant (Tumor Marker)|
- Beta-HCG CSF concentration
- Beta-HCG CSF levels
- Beta-HCG, CSF
- human chorioinic gonadotropin, CSF