- Patient Preparation
- Liver tissue obtained with an 18 gauge needle.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport at least a 1 cm long specimen. Tissue can be fresh, paraffin-embedded, or dried. Also acceptable: Formalin-fixed. Specimens other than paraffin-embedded should be stored and transported in a metal-free container such as a royal blue (no additive).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens less than 0.25 mg (dry weight). Paraffin blocks that have been processed with Hollandes or other copper-containing stain.
- Paraffin block, preserved (formalin), or dried: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
Fresh tissue: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020697||Hepatic Copper Concentration|
|2004962||EER Copper, Liver|
- Hepatic Copper Concentration
- Quantitative Copper, Tissue
- Wilson's Disease