- Patient Preparation
- Diet, medication, and nutritional supplements may introduce interfering substances. Patients should be encouraged to discontinue nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, and non-essential over-the-counter medications (upon the advice of their physician).
- Royal blue (no additive).
- Specimen Preparation
- Centrifuge. Transfer 2.5 mL serum to an ARUP Trace Element-Free Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL) Do not allow serum to remain on cells.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Specimens that are not separated from the red cells or clot.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020596||Copper, Serum Free (Direct)|
- Copper Index
- Cu, Plasma
- Non-Ceruloplasmin Bound Copper
- Unbound Copper
- Wilson's Disease