Order only when assessing immunity for HAV from either vaccination or previous infection. Do not use to diagnose acute infection.
Qualitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Also acceptable: K2EDTA plasma.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens collected in citrate-based anticoagulant. Specimens containing particulate material. Heat-inactivated, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
This assay tests for IgG and IgM antibodies, but does not differentiate between them.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020591||Hepatitis A Antibodies, Total|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- HAV Ab Total
- HAV immunity determination
- HAV vaccination status
- Hep A vaccination status
- Hepatitis A Antibody