Evaluate individuals with calcium oxalate renal calculi.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should avoid ingestion of vitamin C prior to collection.
- 24-hour urine. Refrigerate during collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Thoroughly mix entire collection (24-hour) in one container. Preserve the specimen as described below.
Freeze specimens immediately after aliquoting. Do not exceed 4 mL in 10 mg Sulfamic Acid tubes. Contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 to order 10 mg Sulfamic Acid tubes used for aliquoting and preservation of the specimen.
Preserved: Transfer 4 mL aliquot to an ARUP Transport Tube with 20 mg Sulfamic Acid (ARUP supply #48098). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connector. Mix well. (Min: 1.5 mL)
Unpreserved: If the collection tube with Sulfamic Acid is not available, transport a 4 mL unadjusted aliquot of urine. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and test request form. This information is required for test interpretation.
- After collection complete: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 month
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
| ||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h|
| ||Oxalate, Urine - per 24h||0-12 years: 13-38 mg/d|
Male 13 years and older: 7-44 mg/d
Female 13 years and older: 4-31 mg/d
Preservation with Sulfamic Acid before transporting is highly recommended.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume||2161-8|
|0020208||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h||2162-6|
|0020255||Oxalate, Urine - per 24h||2701-1|
|0020484||Oxalate, Urine - per volume||27222-9|