- Patient Preparation
- Patient should avoid ingestion of vitamin C prior to collection.
- 24-hour urine. Refrigerate during collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Thoroughly mix entire collection (24-hour or random) in one container. Transfer 4 mL aliquot from the well-mixed 24-hour urine collection to an ARUP Transport Tube with 20 mg Sulfamic Acid (ARUP supply #48098) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Mix well. (Min: 1.5 mL) Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and test request form. This information is required for test interpretation. If the collection tube with Sulfamic Acid is not available, transport a 4 mL unadjusted aliquot of urine. Freeze specimens immediately after aliquoting. Do not exceed 4 mL in tubes.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Creatinine, Urine - per 24h|| |
|Oxalate, Urine||0-12 years: 13-38 mg/d|
Male 13 years and older: 7-44 mg/d
Female 13 years and older: 4-31 mg/d
Preservation with Sulfamic Acid before transporting is highly recommended.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume||20624-3|
|0020208||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h||2162-6|
|0020255||Oxalate, Urine - per 24h||2701-1|
|0020484||Oxalate, Urine - per volume||27222-9|