This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- 24-hour urine with no additive. Refrigerate during collection. Also acceptable: Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL aliquot from a well-mixed 24-hour collection to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and test request form.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine collected with acid. Specimens stored at room temperature.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
Reference interval for random urine has not been established.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume|
|0020208||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h|
|0020216||Urine Urea Nitrogen - mg/dL|
|0020217||Urea Nitrogen, Urine g/day|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- urine urea nitrogen clearance