- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or plasma preparation tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate EDTA plasma from cells within 4 hours. Transfer 3 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
PPT: Separate plasma from cells within 2 hours. Transport 3 mL plasma in original container. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- PPT: On Cells: Ambient: 2 hours; After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 4 months
All others: On Cells: Ambient: 4 hours; After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 4 months
An interpretation of "Not Detected" does not rule out the presence of inhibitors in the patient specimen or HIV-1 virus RNA concentrations below the level of detection of the assay. Care should be taken in the interpretation of any single viral load determination. The clinical significance of changes in HIV-1 RNA measurements has not been fully established; however, a change of 0.5 log copies/mL may be significant. Low positive values may occasionally be seen in specimens from patients who are uninfected.
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020464||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA, Log|
|0051816||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA Interpretation|
|2002687||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA, Copy|
- HIV 1 branched DNA
- HIV 1 NAAT
- HIV 1 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test
- HIV 1 viral load monitoring
- HIV 1RNA bDNA quantitative
- HIV quantitative
- HIV-1 RNA
- Signal Amplification