This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells if protected from light: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 months
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation)
This panel includes: Bilirubin, Direct, Serum or Plasma (0020033) and Bilirubin, Total, Serum or Plasma (0020032).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020032||Bilirubin, Total, Serum or Plasma|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- bilirubin blood test
- conjugated and total bilirubin
- driect and indirect bilirubin
- Serum bilirubin
- Total bilirubin