Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot
Qualitative Western Blot
New York DOH Approval Status
This test will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), green (sodium or lithium heparin) or lt. blue (sodium citrate).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Up to 1 week is acceptable, but not preferred; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
Order this assay only when a specimen is repeatedly reactive for HIV 1 or HIV 1-2 antibodies.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020284||HIV-1 Antibody Confirm, Western Blot|
- HIV 1 Antibody Confirmation