- Patient Preparation
- Urine in a plastic container. First-morning urine is the preferred specimen as it usually contains the highest concentration of beta-hCG; however, any specimen is suitable for testing.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL aliquot of urine to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. If frozen, mix after thawing. Do not refreeze.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 6 months (one freeze/thaw cycle is acceptable)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020229||Beta-hCG, Urine Qualitative|
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
- Pregnancy Tests