Determine exposure to HBV infection. May be helpful in determining which patients are at risk for HBV reactivation and would benefit from prophylactic nucleoside analog treatment prior to initiation of immunosuppression therapy.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Also acceptable: K2EDTA plasma.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized plasma. Specimens containing particulate material. Heat-inactivated, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020091||Hepatitis B Core Antibodies, Total||13952-7|
- Anti Core Antibodies
- Anti-Hepatitis Bc
- Antibody to Hepatitis Bc
- Core Antibody IgG/IgM
- HBV Core Total
- Hep B Core Ab IgG/IgM, Hep Bc Ab IgG/IgM
- Hep B Core Total Ab
- Hepatitis B Immune Status Profile, Serum