Qualitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Also acceptable: K2EDTA plasma.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized plasma. Specimens containing particulate material. Heat-inactivated, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
This assay tests for IgG and IgM antibodies, but does not differentiate between them.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020091||Hepatitis B Core Antibodies, Total|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Anti Core Antibodies
- Anti-Hepatitis Bc
- Antibody to Hepatitis Bc
- Core Antibody IgG/IgM
- HBV Core Total
- Hep B Core Ab IgG/IgM, Hep Bc Ab IgG/IgM
- Hep B Core Total Ab
- Hepatitis B Immune Status Profile, Serum