Lactic Acid, Plasma
Within 24 hours
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should be fasting and at complete rest. Patient should avoid any exercise of the arm or hand before or during collection. Draw the specimen without the use of a tourniquet or within three minutes of applying the tourniquet, but before releasing the tourniquet.
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Collect blood without stasis. Collect on ice.
- Specimen Preparation
- Immediately chill specimen; do not freeze whole blood. Centrifuge specimen within 15 minutes of collection. Transport 1 mL plasma. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- EDTA, citrate, or iodoacetate as anticoagulants. Tubes less than half full.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
20 years and older: 0.5-2.2 mmol/L
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020045||Lactic Acid, Plasma|