- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin). Collect on ice.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells and freeze within 15 minutes of draw time. Specimens need to be spun in a refrigerated centrifuge. Transfer 2 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or blood. Non-frozen specimens. Specimens containing oxalate or citrate
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 2 hours; Frozen: 3 weeks (do not thaw)
15 days-6 years: 16-68 µmol/L
Greater than 6 years: 18-72 µmol/L
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Plasma ammonia level