- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens collected in EDTA, oxalate/fluoride. Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020039||Magnesium, Serum or Plasma|