This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, shipment and storage. Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells if protected from light: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 months
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bilirubin, Conjugated
- conjugated bilirubin
- Direct Bilirubin, Serum