Calcium, Serum or Plasma
Within 24 hours
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plasma separator tube. Do not use powdered gloves during collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens from patients receiving EDTA therapy or Hypaque. EDTA, citrate, or oxalate.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 3 weeks; Frozen: 8 months
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020027||Calcium, Serum or Plasma|